Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Chevrolet SS Snow Tires

As a first order of business I purchased a set of winter tires and wheels for the Chevrolet SS. My friend Chris at Samaritan Tire patiently helped me secure a set of TSW Nurburgring wheels and Nitto SN2 winter tires.

4G3A3515(2)

I used the word Patient because finding a wheel to fit the SS turned into a complicated process. The SS is a new model that does not appear in any of the wheel fitment tools tire shops use to find wheels. We tried two different wheels before discovering that the TSW line of “Rotary Forged” wheels will fit. Even with the TSW wheels we had to use a 3mm (.187”) wheel spacer to ensure clearance for the front Brembo brakes.

 

IMG_5061(2)

IMG_5053(notes)

Visit this link to the SS Forum where I’ve posted the whole story…

http://www.ssforums.com/forum/wheels-tires-suspension/5105-other-winter-tire-wheel-options-6.html#post99137

No comments:

Post a Comment